Complain - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/complain
verb (used without object)
1.to express dissatisfaction, pain, uneasiness, censure, resentment, orgrief; find fault:He complained
constantly about the noise in the corridor.
2.to tell of one's pains, ailments, etc.:to complain of a backache.
3.to make a formal accusation:If you think you've been swindled, complain to the police.
Could complaining be part of the victim mentality?
I whole heartly believe it is part of feeling like we are victim.
What is a victim?
Victim - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/victim?s=t
1.a person who suffers from a destructive or injurious action or agency:a victim of an automobile accident.
2.a person who is deceived or cheated, as by his or her own emotions or ignorance, by the dishonesty of others, or by some impersonalagency:a victim of misplaced confidence; the victim of a swindler; a victim of an optical illusion.
3.a person or animal sacrificed or regarded as sacrificed:war victims.
4.a living creature sacrificed in religious rites.
But what if we can not control the issue we're complaining about?
What can we control? We can control our reaction to the issue.
- Children if Israel complained (Egypt), Father rescued them
- They complained about being rescued (Pharaoh changed his mind), He provided for them again
- They complained again (manna) ... over and over they complained.
He rescues us today, too. He hasn't stopped caring for his people. Ever.
What do you do when you want to complain? Stop and take notice of it, change your thoughts, write them down, turn on music and dance. Get your oils or and diffuse some oils.
What is feeling like a victim? What is complaining? Negative thoughts in our head! We have to learn to control them and take them captive.
- Lemon - dispels confusion and bestows clarity. Lemon restores energy, mental flexibility and the drive to complete a project.
- Lemongrass - assist individuals in entering a cleansing state or healing mode. In this state, one easily lets go of old limiting beliefs, toxic energies and negativity.
- Cleansing Blend - assist individuals in releasing toxic emotions and entering a cleansing state.
- Clove - encourages letting go of victim mentalities.
- Ginger - encourages an individual to let go and be fully present in their life!
- Cypress - teaches how to let go and go with the flow of life.
Once you have let go of the negative start counting your blessings! Write them down and fill your mind with blessings and not complaining. They don't have to be in any particular order, just write what comes to your mind that you are thankful for!
Remind yourself that you aren't alone!
- Cedarwood - brings an understanding of how important community is, reminding you that you aren't alone!
- Marjoram - teaches that trust is the basis for all human relationships.
- Arborvitae - assist individuals who believe or act like all progress must be made through struggle and solitary effort.
- Invigorating Blend - returns motivation and drive when it is lacking.
Do you have ways and oils you have used for supporting yourself emotionally? To dispel negative thoughts? Please, share!